Skin Care For Your 30s And Beyond
There is no ideal time to start using anti-ageing products. However, cell division and collagen production slow down after 30, which leads to wrinkles. Find out how to care for your skin once you hit 30!
You just turned 30!? Congratulations!
There is no cut-and-dried answer to the question of when to start using anti-ageing products. But certain processes such as cell division and collagen production slow down once you hit 30, meaning that your skin quickly starts to lose its fresh appearance.
With the right care, you can slow down skin ageing and delay the typical signs such as dryness and wrinkles.
Skin ageing begins at birth. But until around your 30th birthday, your skin stays naturally fresh. After that, it is glad of a little support to help counteract wrinkles and dry skin.
These signs of skin ageing occur more frequently after 30:
- Cell division slows down, meaning that the epidermis becomes thinner
- The connection between the epidermis and the connective tissue becomes weaker
- The skin produces less collagen & elastins
- The skin becomes more fragile and less elastic
- The fatty tissue under the skin is broken down
- Fine lines become more visible/deeper
- Sebaceous glands produce less sebum and the skin becomes drier & rougher
- The skin is not as good at staying hydrated
- Increasing hyper- & depigmentation
Your genes do determine how quickly your skin ages. However, many signs of skin ageing (about 80%) can be attributed to our environment, especially UV radiation.
It is important to keep in mind that when you are young the epidermis renews itself approximately every 28 days. In older skin, this process takes up to twice as long.
Here are our top two tips for counteracting skin ageing:
- Eat yourself young!
Make sure your diet is rich in antioxidants (flavonoids, vitamins A, C and E, coenzyme Q10, carotenoids)
- Prevention & care
Choose cosmetics that are high in antioxidants to protect against UV damage, etc.
Use the power of antioxidants!
Luckily, there are many fantastic plant-based ingredients that can help delay signs of ageing. Here are a few of our favourite ingredients for mature skin:
- Pomegranate seed extract
- Vitamin E (e.g. in wheat germ oil & argan oil)
- Vitamin C (in our Organic Strawberry & Superfoods Skin Glow Mask)
How to take good care of your skin once you hit 30!
Once you reach your thirties we recommend a combination of our beauty oils and toning moisturisers for daily care. You should also treat your skin to a face mask 1 to 2 times a week. This is the best way for active ingredients, especially antioxidants, to reach the various layers of the skin in water- and oil-soluble form.
These products are great for everyone wanting to take good care of their skin 30+
- Organic Beauty Oil for Dry & Mature Skin
- Organic Toning Moisturiser Everlasting - Rose
- Farewell Rosacea Organic Toner
- Organic Strawberry & Superfoods Skin Glow Mask
- Organic Stunning Eyes Beauty Oil Magnolia
You can also give your skin a boost in winter or treat it to additional hydration at night:
Delivery in 3 business days.
We deliver worldwide to
more than 40 countries
with SLL encryption technology