Benefits & How To: Pregnancy Massage
During pregnancy, the skin on the abdomen is exposed to extreme stress. A soothing massage strengthens the connective tissue, protects against stretch marks and relaxes you.
During pregnancy, the body changes, shifting to make space for the baby. This can easily cause air to accumulate in the intestines, which is uncomfortable and can cause pain. This can be alleviated with gentle massages.
The skin on the abdomen is also exposed to great stress during this special time and undergoes a great deal of change as the baby grows. The connective tissue starts to loosen early on - after all, the skin has to stretch many times over before birth.
A soothing massage with a nourishing body oil helps to relieve tension and, if used regularly, protects the skin from tearing.
We added effective oils to our Can't wait to meet you Belly Oil to strengthen the connective tissue and increase the elasticity of the skin.
It contains, among other things:
- Avocado oil is particularly nourishing, has a strong hydrating effect and has a good moisturising effect on the skin.
- Almond oil & argan oil form a protective layer and make skin supple.
- Wheat germ & wild rose oil enable long-term storage of moisture and accelerate the process of skin renewal.
Benefits of a pregnancy massage:
- Regular care strengthens the connective tissue and protects skin from cracks
- A massage is relaxing and can reduce stress; it's also a nice ritual for couples to end the day together
- From the 8th week of pregnancy, external touches are transmitted to the baby through vibrations in the amniotic fluid
- From about the 20th week of pregnancy, the child is already consciously aware of the massage and sometimes even reacts to it with noticeable kicks/movements - this strengthens the bond between mother and child ♡
Relaxing massage for mums-to-be - Here's how it works:
First of all - if you're in a hurry or don't want to turn it into a great ritual, you can of course simply use the Belly Oil instead of a body lotion. Don't worry, the oil is quickly absorbed and does not form a greasy film on the skin.
Alone or in pairs:
Feel free to involve your partner in the abdominal massage - many prefer it when someone else massages them as it allows them to relax more. Some others prefer to turn it into a soothing self-care treatment - just as you like!
- Lie down relaxed on the couch or in bed - first on your back, in the last trimester you should lie down on your side. Otherwise, the baby's weight could press on the vena cava and block the blood flow, leading to circulatory problems.
- Make sure you or your partner have warm hands. Pour some oil into your hand and spread it between your palms. Then gently stroke your stomach and distribute it well all over. Choose the clockwise direction as this helps digestion. Because the intestine is now on the side or above the baby bump.
- In the first trimester, some mothers find gentle tugging massages comfortable. It may be that plucking becomes uncomfortable towards the end of pregnancy because the skin is already very taut. Then switch to gentle stroking.
- Around the navel, you can gently tap the skin with your fingertips. From the navel towards the pubic bone, a counter-clockwise massage with the palm of your hand is often more pleasant. You should avoid the area around the pubic bone itself.
In general, however, do what feels good and relaxes you! When your partner performs the massage, be sure to let them know what you particularly like and what doesn't feel so good.
Use a regular abdominal massage to prepare yourself and your baby for the birth in a relaxed manner and strengthen the personal bond with your child in the womb!
Discover PURE SKIN FOOD International :
Delivery in 3 business days.
We deliver worldwide to
more than 40 countries
with SLL encryption technology