Skin ageing is a natural process that we have to face in the course of our lives. But when does skin ageing actually start? At what age should you start taking preventive measures? And what happens when our skin ages? Discover the answers in this article and read tips on how to protect your skin from premature ageing.
When does skin ageing start and when should you start to take steps?
Skin ageing starts in your late 20s or early 30s. From this point onwards, the body's own mechanisms responsible for regenerating the skin gradually begin to decline. It therefore makes sense to start preventing skin ageing at a young age. By taking action early, you can keep your skin healthier and fresher for longer.
What happens when the skin ages?
As we age, the structure of the skin changes. The collagen structure, which is responsible for the skin's firmness & elasticity, weakens. This leads to wrinkles, fine lines and a loss of tone & firmness. At the same time, your skin's ability to retain moisture decreases, which can lead to dry skin. The regeneration of skin cells slows down, which can lead to a tired complexion
Factors that weaken the collagen structure and accelerate skin ageing:
- Loss of moisture & poorer ability to retain moisture: As you age, your skin's ability to retain moisture decreases. This makes your skin drier & more prone to wrinkles & fine lines.
- Poorer regeneration & slower cell renewal: Your skin's natural ability to regenerate decreases over time. Your skin cells renew more slowly, which can lead to a tired and sallow complexion
- External influences: External factors such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption & pollution can accelerate skin ageing. Sun & UV radiation are particularly harmful and can lead to premature skin ageing.
Ingredients that help against skin ageing & free radicals:
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants like vitamin C & vitamin E protect your skin from free radical damage & support collagen production.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid is the ultimate moisturiser. It can intensively hydrate your skin, reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Retinol: Retinol, a derivative of vitamin A, promotes cell renewal and collagen-forming processes in the skin, which means it can improve the appearance of wrinkles & fine lines.
Tips to prevent skin ageing:
- Use products with holistic complexes: Instead of focusing on single ingredients, use skincare products that take a holistic approach and contain a variety of ingredients that work synergistically together.
- Never go out in the sun without sunscreen: The harmful effects of the sun's rays on the skin are one of the main causes of premature ageing. Use care products for sunny days or go into the shade in good time!
- Intensive moisturiser: Moisturise your skin regularly to maintain its suppleness & elasticity. Use high-quality moisturiser and a special serum that meet your skin's needs
- Regular facial massages stimulate circulation and promote skin regeneration. Use a face roller to smooth out small wrinkles.
To sum up: Skin ageing is a natural process that we all have to face. But early prevention & natural cosmetics with effective ingredients can delay the ageing process of your skin and maintain a youthful appearance.
Remember that proper care and protection from harmful influences such as the sun's rays are crucial for keeping your skin healthy and radiant!
Delivery in 3 business days.
We deliver worldwide to
more than 40 countries
with SLL encryption technology